Sunday, May 31, 2009

just thoughts

I find blogging a bit of an on again off again thing. I only have one kid so no excuse really, but just can't find the time, or can't think of anything really interesting to say....we live a normal every day life now and sometimes it depresses me to be honest. I need, however, to see the every day things of life to hold the significance that they really do. We are aspiring to raise our daughter with a heart for God, a respect for other people and a love for life. Mark and I are trying to love each other in a way that truely reflects Christ. Mark is providing for our family and I'm trying to keep up with the laundry while studying for a final exam. That, I think is a much harder road and full of way more adventure than any Afghan or Pakistani journey could offer....Lord please help me to remember. With that said here are some photos from the past month or so. We had a surprise party for Mark's mom, it was a fantastic weekend with the family. We also took a trip to the zoo the other day which was great fun, wild animals in the middle of a city always gives me a chuckle.


walking with my little girl


kayaking in the sounds, what beautiful water.



Laila having nanna cuddles (she says cuddle now, so cute, although it sounds a bit like dudle)


Watching the giraffes at the zoo

wild safari








4 comments:

Dzhennifer said...

Frightening picture! Was there something between you and the tiger? Hard to tell. Just looks like you, baby and tiger coming your way!

Myrn and Steve said...

Marnie, I'm so proud of you! Yes, it is the greatest adventure of your life and you are living it with excellence.

Bonnie Leon said...

You look like you're having a lot more fun than me. Not fair. Oh yeah, I already got to do all that fun stuff. Praying for more of it.

Hugs to you,

Bonnie

LatteJunkie said...

you're already succeeding in your goals to raise Laila "right" and I for one can see the success you are making of being a SAHM!

You and Mark are inspiring people - it is rare to meet people like you.

Thanks for being in UH, i'd hate to have to convince Chris to move to Afghan...

Love you!