Tuesday, July 28, 2009

helping out!

Ever had one of those days where the clothes don't fit quite right (well, due to an expanding belly they hardly fit at all) so you have to put the pj bottoms back on after the shower? When it begins that way you should probably just call it a miss of a day and resign yourself to the fact that nothing will get done like you wanted and you might as well give in to the chaos. Earlier this morning I realized that Laila had gotten very quiet. I went to check on her and was shocked to find her in her room with all her clothes pulled out of every drawer, every book pulled off the shelf and toilet paper scattered around the room. When I asked Laila what she was doing she simply told me "helping". I didn't even know she knew that word but I'm not too sure she understands exactly what it means. Here is where we now stand 2 hours later....permanent pen on the arms and face, lunch all over the clothes, flour everywhere in the kitchen (she helped me make cookies too), cookie dough on the windows, sandwich smeared in the curtains and the drying laundry scattered all over the living room....when I finish my cup of tea and go out into that mess I'm sure I'll find more. What can you say, when it all starts with not being able to button your pants you might as well give in. I've given up and we'll start again tomorrow to get things done, for now I'm quite happy to kiss my messy little girl and tell her what a good little helper she is.








4 comments:

LatteJunkie said...

too cute...

Dana Nassau said...

I hate to tell you this but that first trimester with a toddler is sooooo hard! Just buy some fat pants and give yourself lots of grace!!!

Myrn and Steve said...

Life with a toddler is never dull regardless of whether your pants fit or not. Enjoy it while you can!

Bonnie Leon said...

Ahhh. She's so cute--being mommy's little helper will not last long--just enjoy. :-) I treasure those memories--even the messy ones.

Hugs to you dear one,

Bonnie